The videos in this section are to be practiced once a day. Even if you break up the sequences practicing everyday with increase your flexibility. mobility and "yoga body" awareness.
Yoga basics is your entry into the practice of yoga. In this sequence we start with a Power Yoga Flow warmup.
1 Start in CHILD'S POSE * Start on your hands and knees, sink your bottom back onto your heals. Stretch your arms to the front of the mat and then relax your entire body. * Stay in child's pose for 3 to 5 minutes. Breathing and relaxing your body.
2. Lift your body into TABLE TOP POSITION * While on your hands and knees. Your shoulders are lined over your wrists, your knees are shoulder's width apart.
3. CAT / COWS * From table top, dip your belly toward the mat, hold and breathe. Next arch your back toward to sky. Arching as high as you can and bringing your hips forward.
4. TABLE TOP TWISTS * Right arm to the side and then up into the air for 2 breaths. Next bring that same right arm down and across your mat, tuck the right arm underneath the left side of your body. Relax here.
* Take your left arm and reach to the sky. Hold for 3 breaths.
* Take the left arm and lower it down on your lower back. Hold for 5 breaths.
* Return to table top.
REPEAT ON THE OTHER SIDE.
5. Right knee off the mat and hold your leg at a 90 degree angle. Hold for 3 to 4 breaths.
6. While holding the right knee in the air, reach forward with your left hand. Hold for 3 to 5 breaths.
7. Take that left hand that was forward, reach to the side.
8. Take that left hand and reach to the back and grab your foot. Hold for up to 30 seconds.
9. Release your foot, keep your knee in the air and take the left hand back to the mat.
10. Shift your weight to the left and point your knee to the right side with your right arm in the air.
11. Stay here or lower your right arm down behind you and grab your foot Hold for 3-5 breaths.
12. Rotate your hip back forward and release your foot. Hand to the mat and knee to the mat.
REPEAT WITH LEFT KNEE IN THE AIR AT THE 90 DEGREE ANGLE.
13. Sink back to child's pose. 14. Reach your arms to the front of the mat. 15. Lift your body into an up dog position with your feet following your body up, take your feet toward your head and then go back to child's pose. Repeat this up and back motion five times.